Monday, March 23, 2009

green eggs and ham - a glossary


Self (I Am)
- pure undifferentiated consciousness prior to individuality
self (I am) - the individual identity which when identified with thoughts becomes the false-ego

N.B. the higher and lower meaning of the same word is often differentiated by capitalisation

the feeling-sense of 'I' - the feeling of 'me' or 'I' at the core of the ego; the scent-trail of which leads one back to the source of the True 'I Am' as the Self
the True 'I' or 'I Am' - the Higher Self beyond thoughts or feelings

Self-Inquiry - the approach of focusing attention on the feeling-sense of 'I' such that thoughts drop off and the True 'I' or 'I Am' is revealed

Pure Awareness, Pure Consciousness, Pure Being - synonyms for the Self

Sat-Chit-Ananda - the three essential, inherent and inseparable qualities of the Self, namely, Existence-Consciousness-Bliss or Stability-Clarity-Peace

Embodied Beingness - a term I was using to refer to feeling very present, very still and very centered in the body which I was associating with the pure individual sense of 'I am'

1 comment:

  1. You are fine in your use of these terms. Not your fault that language can sometimes be a barrier and fall short for what you are describing. Your spirit comes through and the Source gives understanding. Nothing for you to do or 'work at' my friend! Your glossary of terms is wonderful and I applaud your sincerity to kindly express further what you already do so eloquently. You come across loud and clear!

    One Love

    ReplyDelete